Tallwood Urology and Kidney Institute
Beyond advanced care
When you have a urologic or kidney problem, you want the very best medical team on your side—one with unsurpassed expertise, vast experience and mastery of today’s most advanced treatments. That’s exactly what you’ll find at the Tallwood Urology and Kidney Institute at Hartford Hospital. Tallwood’s urologists and nephrologists (kidney doctors) are recognized leaders in their fields. Many pioneered treatments that have become the gold standard of care nationwide. Best of all, these gifted, caring professionals work together seamlessly to ensure fully integrated medical and surgical management of all urologic and kidney disorders.
Our comprehensive services include:
General Urology: Our general urologists have more than 275 years of combined experience in diagnosing and treating urologic conditions including:
- Male urinary incontinence
- Female urinary retention
- Urinary tract infections
- Prostate disease (prostatitis, benign prostate hyperplasia)
- Male infertility
- Female infertility
- Congenital urologic conditions
Specialized Urology: Our practice has the largest number of fellowship-trained urologic specialists in Connecticut. This breadth of knowledge means we can provide coordinated, seamless care for specialty urologic conditions including:
- Stone disease: Complete diagnosis and treatment using:
- Erectile dysfunction: We begin with a comprehensive assessment. Then we offer a variety of medical and surgical treatment options, including access to the only research study in the world exploring the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for patients experiencing erectile dysfunction following a prostatectomy.
- Urologic cancer: We diagnose and treat cancers of the:
In conjunction with the Helen & Harry Gray Cancer Center, we assemble a multidisciplinary team to review each case and recommend treatment. Your team includes urologists with oncology (cancer) expertise, nephrologists, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, pathologists, nurse navigators, social workers, dieticians and urology nurses. We provide the most advanced treatment options and access to leading-edge clinical trials. Just as important, we give patients and families the emotional support they need when facing a cancer diagnosis.
- Pelvic disorders: Incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders are widespread and affect women and men of all ages. Our multidisciplinary approach provides treatment options for:
- Urinary incontinence
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Prolapsed pelvic organs
Minimally Invasive Surgery: We have extensive experience in laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Medical Management of Kidney Disease: Our expert nephrologists specialize in medical management of kidney disease and coordinate integrated treatment of: